I can’t go past making my own natural body scrub! I can’t remember the last time I bought a body scrub. Making your own body scrub is simple to do and very affordable. And the best part, is that you can custom make it by adding in your favourite essential oil. I often make these up in batches and give them to my friends and family for presents!
This scrub is a great exfoliant for the shower, which leaves your skin revitalized, soft and glowing. The added benefits of using coconut oil is that it is also an antibacterial and antifungal.
The Recipe (to make 1 cup of scrub)
- ¾ of a cup of fine Himalayan rock salt
- ¼ of a cup of raw sugar
- ½ of a cup of coconut oil
- 20 drops of an essential oil of your choice for added health benefits and a beautiful smell (I used sweet orange)
- 1 glass jar – minimum 250ml
- Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl and add 20 drops of your favourite essential oil – scoop into your chosen glass jar. If your glass jar is a little bigger then 250ml you can also mix all the ingredients in the jar – saving clean up time.
- Apply to wet skin while you are in the shower and rinse off. Do not apply to the face.
- Use glass to avoid the essential oils absorbing into the plastic
- You can even mix up the ingredients by doing half sugar and half Himalayan rock salt. Sugar is less abrasive, so the more Himalayan rock salt the harsher the scrub will be
- Variations: You can add cinnamon, coffee and different types of oils to play with the smell
Chae @ The Wellness Emporium