Many hormonal imbalances that women experience in their menstruating years are too often accepted as ‘just a normal part of being a woman’. Nevertheless, despite being common, if and when symptoms do arise, they should be viewed for what they are – a system ‘out of balance’. And as such, are not something that needs to be endured, but instead addressed and resolved once the underlying causes of the imbalance are identified and treated.
What can hormones out of balance look like? Often signs of low progesterone go hand in hand with sign of excess oestrogen, below are some of the symptoms that can occur:
Signs of Low Progesterone
- Signs of excess oestrogen
- Spotting before / after period – especially brown blood.
- Swollen breasts
- Weight gain
- Low libido
- Mood swings
- Irregular menses
- Early miscarriage
- Foggy thinking
- Joint pain
Signs of Excess Oestrogen
- Mood swings
- Uterine fibroids
- Thyroid issues
- Facial flushing
- Water retention
- Breast swelling and tenderness
- Irregular / heavy menses
- Sweet cravings
- Weight gain
- Fibrocystic breasts
WHAT WE TEST
The salivary hormone test measures:
- 3 types of Oestrogens (E1, E2, E3)
- Oestrogen Quotient
- Progesterone Ratio
Download Sample Report here.
*Please note this test is for those who have a regular cycle (25-35 day cycle). Your saliva test should be conducted 7 days after ovulation; generally if your cycle is a 28 day cycle, ovulation occurs mid cycle (around day 14) so in this case you would test on day 21 of your menstrual cycle. If it is a longer cycle (you add days), if it is a shorter cycle (subtract days). For example a 30 day cycle we suggest adding 2 days and therefore testing day 23. Where as a shorter i.e. 26 day cycle, we would suggest testing day 19. If your cycle is irregular we suggest this package to start with or booking in an initial for personalised recommendations regarding testing.
**This saliva test is not suitable for those who are on the hormonal contraceptive pill or hormonal IUDs. We recommended waiting 3 months post hormonal contraceptive use before taking this test.
What Your Package Includes:
- Comprehensive online pre-consultation health history questionnaire and intake form
- Pre-consultation Female Hormone Salivary Test (testing day 21 of cycle)
- 1 x 75 min initial consult with a Naturopath (Choose – in clinic at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast or via Telehealth – Australia Wide)
- 1 x Personalised Prescription – outlining dietary and lifestyle recommendations, and where necessary herbal or nutritional supplementation. *please note package price does not include the cost of supplementation. This is charged at an additional price, all supplements can be posted Australia Wide.
- 1 x Individualised Naturopathic Program (created after your first consult) outlining your treatment plan, alongside education resources to aid your preconception journey
Please note – follow up consults are often needed to really get on top of your health concerns. Your Naturopath will discuss with you how often they would like to see you during your consult and book in future appointments. These are charged as per our appointment & fees page here – https://thewellnessemporium.com.au/fees-appointments/
$100 discount for TWE Naturopath Clients
Are you a TWE Naturopathy client? Use Discount Code “TWECLIENT” to receive $100 off
*You must be a TWE NATUROPATHY (past or present) client to use this code, and this will be checked with our database – this means you have had an initial naturopathy consult with one of our naturopaths (sorry this does not apply to other modality clients i.e. psychology, reiki, physio). If you use the code and are not a Naturopathy TWE client your order will be on hold until full amount is received plus an additional $20 admin processing fee.
- Your test kit and all instructions are posted directly to you (with the address you provide at checkout). There is no need to visit a collection centre as this test is conducted in the comfort of your own home – please allow up to 7 days for cities, 14 days for rural areas to receive your kit. Please ensure to read and follow all instructions carefully. *additional charges will apply if requiring a new test kit.
- Your saliva sample should be collected first thing in the morning, prior to eating or drinking (other than water). Please note the test can take up to 30 minutes to complete, so allow plenty of time.
- Complete your test and mail your sample back to the lab using the prepaid envelop and packaging
- The lab will analyse your test and results can take from 2-4 weeks to receive
- Once we receive your results, we will be in contact to book your appointment, alternatively once you send back the results you are welcome to book an appointment 4 weeks in advance by calling our team.