Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) refers to a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria are present in the small intestine, which resemble the bacteria in the large bowel. Unlike the colon (or large bowel), which is rich with bacteria, the small bowel usually has a lot less bacteria. Likewise, the types of bacteria within the small intestine are different than the types of bacteria within the colon. This can cause a myriad of symptoms and is closely associated with those of IBS. SIBO is also commonly linked to nutrient deficiencies such as vitamin A, D, E, iron and B12!
Signs of SIBO
- Abdominal discomfort and distension
- FODMAP intolerance
WHAT WE TEST
Glucose Breath Test, measuring:
- Peak hydrogen increase over baseline
- Peak methane excretion over baseline
Lactulose Breath Test, measuring:
- Hydrogen increase over baseline by 60 mins
- OCTT (oro-caecal transit time)
$100 discount for TWE Naturopath Clients
Are you a TWE Naturopathy client? Use Discount Code “TWECLIENT” to receive $100 off
*You must be a TWE NATUROPATHY (past or present) client to use this code, and this will be checked with our database – this means you have had an initial naturopathy consult with one of our naturopaths (sorry this does not apply to other modality clients i.e. psychology, reiki, physio). If you use the code and are not a Naturopathy TWE client your order will be on hold until full amount is received plus an additional $20 admin processing fee.
What Your Package Includes:
- Comprehensive online pre-consultation health history questionnaire and intake form
- Pre-consultation Glucose & Lactulose Breath Test
- 1 x 75 min initial consult with a Naturopath (Choose – in clinic at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast or via Telehealth – Australia Wide)
- 1 x Personalised Prescription – outlining dietary and lifestyle recommendations, and where necessary herbal or nutritional supplementation. *please note package price does not include the cost of supplementation. This is charged at an additional price, all supplements can be posted Australia Wide.
- 1 x Individualised Naturopathic Program (created after your first consult) outlining your treatment plan, alongside education resources to aid your preconception journey
Please note – follow up consults are often needed to really get on top of your health concerns. Your Naturopath will discuss with you how often they would like to see you during your consult and book in future appointments. These are charged as per our appointment & fees page here – https://thewellnessemporium.com.au/fees-appointments/
- Your test kit and all instructions are posted directly to you (with the address you provide at checkout). There is no need to visit a collection centre as this test is conducted in the comfort of your own home – please allow up to 7 days for cities, 14 days for rural areas to receive your kit. Please ensure to read and follow all instructions carefully. *additional charges will apply if requiring a new test kit.
- Complete your test as per instructions and mail your sample back to the lab using the prepaid envelop and packaging
- The lab will analyse your test and results can take from 2-4 weeks to receive
- Once we receive your results, we will be in contact to book your appointment, alternatively once you send back the results you are welcome to book an appointment 4 weeks in advance by calling our team.